Hello Monday! Can you believe we are almost through January already!? Seriously... where does time go? Is everyone sticking to their resolutions they made this year?
One of the biggest challenges for me has been giving up wheat. I love bread, cookies, muffins, bagels (with cream cheese!), pancakes, toast, you name it, I love it! So needless to say its been hard to say no, but it's been worth it! I wasn't giving up wheat for the reason of losing weight, I did it because whenever I eat a wheat product I am in excruciating pain. I have never been tested for a gluten intolerance or sensitivity, but whenever I don't eat wheat products I feel 150% better!
The recipe below - Spinach Turkey Burger with a Kick - was not planned. It just came to be after an intense work out at the gym. The boyfriend loved it so much that it has become one of our favorite meals. Simple, easy, and fast. Not to mention, healthy!
Spinach Turkey Burger with a Kick (Hold the bun!)
Servings: 2 // Prep Time: 15 minutes // Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
1 lb. ground turkey
1 tsp McCormick Seasoning (salt free)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
2 thin slices of cheese (we used Yancey's Fancy's Horseradish Cheese)
1. Wash your baby spinach, chop or cut into small pieces
2. Finely chop your garlic cloves, mix with baby spinach.
3. Add McCormick or Mrs. Dash's salt free seasoning
4. Add egg & ground turkey - MIX
5. Grab 1/4 of the meat and form into flat burger, place the 2 thin pieces of cheese on top, and grab another 1/4 of the meat and cover so cheese is sandwiched between. Repeat for second burger.
6. Cook burgers on medium heat until thoroughly cooked throughout.
7. ENJOY! Serve with steamed veggies or sweet potato with cinnamon.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! :-)